Photo from Cool Things
If you take a look at the boards’ flashy looks, you can tell that they’re aiming for a futuristic design. While it’s clear that the Acton Blink Boards are aiming for design over function, they still exceed expectations. Apart from the entry-level Acton Blink S-R, the other two Acton
Blink Boards are premium boards with stylish design. Continue reading this Acton Blink Board Review article to see the specs of their electric skateboards.
If you’re interested to find out how they compare to their competitors after reading this Acton Blink Board Review, check out our reviews of Blitzart Boards, WowGo Boards
, and Backfire Boards
Photo from Lazada
The Acton S-R electric skateboard is the only entry-level model from Acton. It still maintains the style factor that you would expect from the series. It comes with safety LED lighting along the bottom of the board. This not only gives the rider night time safety but also further enhances its look.
- The Acton Blink S-R board made of high-quality Canadian maple wood. It even has high-quality aluminum housing for the electrical components. Moreover, the Acton Blink S-R board also has a deck length of 27.5in. This is decent enough for any users and maneuverability too. The board weighs approx. 11 lbs. or 4.5kg, which is incredibly lightweight for a board in this segment.
- The board has one 500W hub motor which is capable enough to not only give it a nice kick but fast speeds. It can easily go up to 16mph. The Acton Blink with three ride modes, and you can switch between them using the remote included in. It connects to the board using Bluetooth and is simplistic in looks. The remote is a simple button and LED indicator remote that doesn’t have any screen or other indicators on it. You can make use of the smartphone app from the Acton Blink Board app to view stats.
- The 80Wh battery also has super-fast charging and can charge within 45-60 minutes. Moreover, the Acton Blink S-R board can last up to 7mils or 11.2km. It can easily last you half a day without charging. But its minimal charging time means that you can make the board go several more miles with a quick charge.
- The 83mm wheels, as well as a regenerative braking feature, are not only easy on the motor and battery. They also give the board great stability and efficiency. The Acton Blink S-R can also tolerate up to 15 degrees gradient. This is only good enough for suburb ramps and some other slight inclines.
- The Acton Blink S-R, although lying in the entry-level segment, is quite flashy and very useful for daily use. Another pro to the board is the LED lights integrated throughout the board, whether it is the underside, front, or the tail side.
Photo from Roger Skateboards
If you are looking to upgrade from your entry-level board into a flashy and capable electric skateboard, the Acton Blink S2 is a perfect choice. It maintains the looks and form factor of the Acton Blink S-R, but goes above and beyond with its technical specs and a size upgrade as well. No wonder this product is worthy of being included in our Acton Blink Board Review article.
- The Acton Blink S2 also has Canadian maple wood and aluminum housing on the underside just like its predecessor. The high-quality signature build of the Acton Blink S2 is not only durable but just as good looking. Moreover, the Acton Blink S2 also comes equipped with some well-placed LED lighting to give it a futuristic and flashy look. It is a 31.5in by 8.5in board which is ample space for great handling and balance.
- Acton Blink S2 also has dual hub motors (500W each) in place which give this board its amazing speed and acceleration. The board can go up to a top speed of 18mph or approx. 29kmph, which is fast for an intermediate segment electric skateboard. Not only can you ride fast, but also sport it looks around. The motors drive 83mm wheels which are decent and help reduce vibrations to a good part as well.
- The Acton Blink S2 comes with regenerative brakes, making it even more power-efficient. Additionally, the board can also climb up to 20 degrees gradient, so it should pose no problems in some hilly areas too.
- It weighs 15lbs. or 6.8kg. When you consider this, the board is impressive at balance, speed, and general handling too. All of these factors make the Acton Blink S2 one of the high performance and stylish electric skateboards.
Photo from MikeShouts
This is the only premium and all-terrain electric skateboard from Acton. Unlike other models from Acton, the Acton Blink Qu4tro has a sleek unibody. This gives the board a futuristic look. When combined with the Acton signature LED lighting into the design, it may be the coolest board you’ll ever see.
- The Acton Blink Qu4tro has a sleek design – there are no extra parts hanging out from the under or the side. The LED lighting is smartly placed along the sides. The design integrates the electrical components right into the frame of the board. The black futuristic look gives it a high tech look, which is pleasing from any angle that you choose to look at it from.
- The board has four hub motors to give it the power and speed to last in any terrain you choose. These are four 500W motors that have powerful and stable acceleration and deceleration. These also give the board impressive balance and handling. The board can go up to 23mph or 37kmph and is great especially for hilly and rough, steep areas.
- The Acton Blink Qu4tro also weighs a heavy 10.8kg. This weight not only increases its handling but also makes it durable and stable. The entire board consists of carbon fiber and aircraft-grade aluminum. That is indicative of how high quality and high tech this electric skateboard is.
- Acton Blink Qu4tro can also go up to approximately 22mils or 35.4km on a single charge. You can go a couple of days without charging it in case you are an urban daily user. For outdoor adventures and other purposes, it can easily last you a day. Acton Blink Qu4tro can also tolerate up to 30 degrees gradient in hills and other areas. It also comes with regenerative braking to make the board more energy-efficient.
- The lights are alongside the length of the road as well as on the head and tail position of the board, so you can see where you’re going in the dark. You can also control the lighting and check the info from the app.
- The Acton Blink Qu4tro can also tolerate up to 280lbs or 127kg. It has tension suspension trucks for max shock absorption. Due to this, the board also has adequate shock absorption and vibration reduction.