Photo from Mi Community
Exway boards are a range of medium segment high-performance electric skateboards. If you are looking for a both with good performance and style in a not so low budget, Exway board models are the wiser choice. The entire range maintains a black stylish look and boasts of quality build, performance, and a nice design. Moreover, you can get Exway
Boards in four variants- The Exway X1, Exway Flex, Exway X1Pro, and Exway X1 Riot.
The Exway X1 is the most affordable and might not be easily available as it has been discontinued. The best thing about Exway is the option to interchange the trucks as per your needs and that all the models come in two variants. You can choose the default Flex-Hub build or Flex-Riot build. Flex-Riot has a belt-driven mechanism.
If you want to see how the Exway boards compare to their competitors, check out our zBoard review
, Acton Blink Board
review, and WowGo board
Photo from Electrek
This high-performance electric skateboard that does more and costs less is Exway’s most affordable electric skateboard after Exway X1. With a simplistic design and two variants- Flex-Hub and Flex-Riot, you can choose to have a board that is as high performance and offers a smooth experience as you want.
- The Exway Flex can reach up to 25mph or 40kmph. that is something impressively fast for a board in the price of the Exway Flex. You can choose the way you want to ride as you can switch between the motors and go for either hub or belt motors. This makes riding an even better experience.
- It also comes with a swappable IP5 water-resistant battery. It can run approximately 20mils or 32km on a single charge. Because of the smart battery, the charging time is also a mere 90 minutes. The board also comes with regenerative braking to make it even more energy-efficient.
- The board consists of bamboo and fiberglass. These materials give it more flexibility, durability, and strength. It also maintains a simple yet sleek look. The board also contributes to great vibration absorption due to the foam grip tape. This tape is not only water-resistant but also gives you a better and more comfortable experience.
- The Exway Flex can also tolerate up to a 30 degrees gradient and weighs 7.7kg. This further enhances its handling and gives you smooth, vibration-free riding experience.
- The Exway Flex also has 85mm wheels. You can choose between the hub and belt motors for a powerful experience. Moreover, the board also has a decent size of 94cm by 29.3cm or 37in by 11.5in to give you ample space on it for riding easily.
- You can also use the Exway App for a better experience and view the stats and other info from your electric skateboard.
Photo from Electrek
The Exway X1 Pro is a nice upgrade on the now discontinued Exway X1. It adds several hardware upgrades while offering you great riding experience. Moreover, you can now swap between hub and belt motors to customize your riding experience.
- The Exway X1 pro also comes with a smart battery and drivetrain. This will customize your riding experience as per different driving modes. The 193Wh battery also supports fast charging. You can charge it completely in about 70 minutes. It can also last up to 16mils or 26km which can last you about a day. In case of high usage, you can rely on a very short break to charge and get it going again.
- The customizable drivetrains further enhance its riding experience. It can also drive the board up to 29mph or 46.6kmph, which is quite fast for anything you can get in this segment. Moreover, it also comes with regenerative braking to give you an even better and efficient riding experience.
- The board is also fairly light at 6.8kg and still can tolerate up to 30-degree gradients. Additionally, the Exway X1Pro is also weatherproof and comes with swappable PU Sleeves as well. The shock-absorbing grip tape adds a layer of smooth riding to it.
- The best part of Exway X1 Pro besides its simplistic board design and performance is its weatherproof capability. This doesn’t only apply to its board, but also the moving parts such as ball bearings inside the 85mm wheels. So you can forget worrying about water exposure to the board or wheels.
- The board is also 36.8in by 10.6in or 93.5cm by 27cm. This provides ample space for you to maneuver and stand comfortably on the board. Moreover, as the board comes with a Line-X dust and waterproof coating, you can get as messy as you like!
Photo from briancmoses.com
This board has swappable wheels, trucks, and even PU sleeves. Not only can you customize it entirely, but it also rely on its materials for long term durability.
- Exway X1 Riot has an impressive range of performance capabilities you’re bound to love. The belt drive train along with powerful dual 750W motors makes it an impressive power package. It performs fast and gives a stable riding experience.
- The Exway X1 Riot can go up to 29mph or 45kmph. With a powerful output of 1500W X 2, it can give you an incredibly fast and thrilling ride. Perfect for outdoor and hillside rides, the Exway X1 Riot can also tolerate a 30-degree gradient.
- Moreover, the 193Wh battery can last up to 16mils or 25.75km on average. This is good enough for a day. Also, the best part about its battery is the fast charging feature. You can charge the Exway Board battery in approx. 70mins with the fast charger and up to 3 hours with the standard included charger.
- Weighing 16lbs or 7.25kg, the Exway X1 Riot maintains great stability without weighing at least 10kgs like other high-end boards. So it is easier to carry and maneuver than other high-end electric skateboards.
- The sleek look along with the shock-absorbing grip tape makes Exway X1 Riot a great smooth ride. Moreover, it also comes with regenerative braking to give you an energy-efficient ride.
- It does sport a powerful mechanical noise to give you a better thrilling experience. Don’t worry, the noise doesn’t affect its power/quality in any way. The Exway X1 Riot is also built with quality materials. You can keep it as good as new even after rigorous daily use. The board’s simple design is easy to clean and maintain, added with the natural shine of the material.