Photo by nextboards.com via Pinterest
Here are the top 10 highest performing skateboards available on the market. Having a powerful motor and a sleek aerodynamic design is something all of these share in common. If you’re an adrenaline junkie, the following picks can help determine which one you want and why! Keep in mind these are high-performance ultra-fast skateboards. Wearing appropriate enough protection is quintessential for personal safety.
If you want to know more about electric skateboards, why not check out our Meepo Board
, Evolve Board
and Riptide Board
Photo from Nextboards
If you’re looking for something truly breathtaking, you’ll want the Next Board by NGV
. This board won the Guinness world record for “Fastest speed on an electric skateboard”. It brings a truly premium experience and comes into the more high-end price tier. Starting at $2995, the Next Board by NGV is an aerodynamic powerhouse that feels like an airplane beneath your feet.
- The key features of any high-speed board should have is build, safety, and speed statistics. The Next Board by NGV has one of the most amazing and high tech carbon fiber body frames. These are sleek, durable, and extremely high quality. If you are into downhill longboarding, look no further than this electric skateboard.
- When it comes to speed, it depends on the battery pack selection that you use with it. There are various speed levels you can get out of this electric skateboard. Each range depends upon the battery level. Here are the speed ranges that you can get out of this powerhouse, depending on the battery used:
- 4S battery, you can get a top speed of 22mph or 36kmph.
- 6S battery, you can get a top speed of 35mph or 55kmph.
- 8S battery, the board can achieve a top speed of 47mph or 75kmph.
- 12S battery, you can expect it to reach up to 68mph or 110kmph.
- The board is capable of different variations of battery installations. Due to this, you can expect variations in the range and performance depending on the battery. That is why, like the performance, its range on a single charge also relies on the battery setup as follows:
- With a standalone 6S battery, you can expect the Next Board by NGV to last up to 10 miles or 16km.
- With two 6S batteries in series, the board can give you a range of up to 20 miles or 32km in a single charge. These considerations are at an average speed that you can reach with a 6S battery setup- 17mph or 27kmph. For further extended ranges, it depends on the battery setup and performance as well as speed.
- As this board is more of a racing/high-speed personal vehicle, you can expect it to tolerate up to 25 degrees of hilly area ascent at approximately 15mph or 24.2kmph. So, going uphill can be just as exhilarating as going downhill on the Next board by NGV
- The board quality is also unparalleled in terms of material, design, and weight. It has an aerodynamic sleek shape. The board consists of carbon fiber. The electrical parts aren’t exposed to natural elements. Everything is inside the board to prevent physical damage and water and dust exposure. The Next Board by NGV also has an amazing 7kg weight (without battery) as the weight can vary depending upon battery weight(s).
- The Next Board by NGV also has a 140kg max weight tolerance. It also has regenerative braking. Not only is this electric skateboard top of the line in durability but power efficiency too.
Photo from Carvonskates Facebook Page
Starting at $2,999, the Carvon EVO 4WD has a unique inverted plateau-like design that consists of carbon fiber. It is perfect for people looking for a partner in crime for their high adrenaline rides.
- The board has multiple motors and the total power output, as a result, is approximately 10kW. Due to this, it gives every high-performance skateboard a run for its money.
- The belt motors installed in the Carvon EVO 4WD make it easy to reach speeds as high as 50mph or 80kmph. At this speed, safety gear becomes a must. Its longboard style design also makes it perfect for up and downhill travel. The board can climb gradients up to 25 degrees without breaking a sweat.
- The battery pack installed in the Carvon EVO 4WD is just as capable and high quality as the rest of the board. This helps the board go up to 25 miles or 40km, even at a high speed of 50mph. This unparalleled performance is not something you can find easily.
- The board also has durable 107mm urethane wheels. These make it possible for the board to reach the uber-fast speeds and give you a reliable and safe ride. The hardness and high quality of these urethane wheels make them last thousands of miles. Additionally, because of the belt free direct drive train system, this board delivers high speed silently.
- The unique concave and flat design of the board also makes handling and stability much better.
Photo from Carvon Skates Twitter Page
If you want an exceptionally fast electric skateboard without breaking the bank, go for the Carvon EVO 2WD Falcon. You can dub it as the predecessor to the Carvon 4WD. While this electric skateboard has 4WD’s features, it has a slightly lower performance. Despite that, it remains high up on our list of the fastest electric skateboards in the market.
- The Carvon EVO 2WD Falcon shares a similar design to the Carvon 2WD aside from a few differences. The dropped deck style makes handling and stability a lot easier when chasing winds at high speeds. This board can easily reach a top speed up to 30mph or 48.3 kmph. With its powerful direct drive belt free motors, it is incredibly stable.
- Carvon EVO 2WD also has impressive battery life. It can last up to 15 miles or 24km on a single charge. Considering its high speeds, this range is incredibly impressive. You might not even want to get off the board.
- This board might not be the best choice for steep hilly roads in general. Its powerful motors also make it capable of climbing up to 15-degree gradients. The dual motors placed in both the front and back of the board not only make it fast and stable but also give great speed and control.
- The 90mm polyurethane wheels further improve its speed and durability. They also give you a shock-free and vibration-free riding experience. Moreover, the regenerative braking feature included further boosts efficiency and overall performance. It will give you a long time to pause and recharge.
Photo from Cool Things
If you are looking for a more off-road experience, the Bajaboard G4X is the perfect choice. With its suspension system and sleek, powerful design, the Bajaboard G4X is every off roader’s dream.
- Bajaboard G4X has a metallic frame that supports its wooden deck. The entire chassis is further strengthened through a suspension system. As an off-road electric skateboard, this board has everything to give you a smooth, stable, and high-speed ride. Moreover, the maple deck is removable in case you need to clean or replace anything.
- The 254mm off-roading tires along with an all-terrain design make dirty roads and hill sloped a breeze for the Bajaboard G4X to cover. Because of the four motor system on each wheel, the board has an unparalleled performance. The Bajaboard G4X can ride up hills with a 45-degree gradient. This is something incredibly rare to find in an electric skateboard.
- Moreover, the Bajaboard G4X also comes with two battery variants (550Wh and 900Wh). These can go up to 13.5 miles and 21miles respectively on a single charge. So you can have an adventure without worries.
- The most important feature of an off-road electric skateboard is its performance. This board can go up to 37mph or 60kmph. Considering it’s an all-terrain electric skateboard, this is more than impressive. Moreover, it can also tolerate user weights up to 160kg or 350kg in street environments because of its high-grade alloy chassis.
- The belt drive motors further make the board more stable. The regenerative braking is the cherry on the top. This makes the board more efficient as it makes stopping smoother. The board also weighs a really heavy 25kg. So carrying it along with you on trips would need special efforts. The safety lights installed in both the front and backside of the board ensure user and traffic safety. You can zip through any environment without worries.
Photo from ORIS.NET
This board is stylish and combines function with incredible performance. It is a premium electric skateboard that has one of the best battery lives at high performance.
- The Enertion Raptor 2.1 comes with a kicktail, metallic carrying handles, and a sleek unibody design. This board has a premium metallic look that comes with one of the best and most durable board designs you can buy.
- Also, the board has an impressive battery life of up to 40km or 25 miles. The board package also includes a fast charger, so that you spend less time charging and more time on the road. The huge battery is also conspicuous enough to give this electric skateboard a slightly bulky underside.
- The Enertion Raptor 2.1 also has a super-fast high speed of up to 50kmph or 31mph. This makes it perfect for downhill skating and other high-performance activities. The regenerative braking system further makes it possible to last longer. It also makes the board much more efficient.
- It also has impressive 90mm wheels. Those wheels support this powerhouse through its performance. They also make it possible to have a vibration and shockproof riding experience. Moreover, it has hub motors instead of belt drive motors. Due to this, the wheels rely on the raw power coming from the motor, making it faster than a belt drive system.
- The Enertion Raptor 2.1 also weighs a heavy 12kg. Hence, it is not suitable for everyday commuting. But it’s perfect for traveling and high adrenaline activities with its extra-long range.
Photo by electricboarding.com.au via Pinterest
This is one of the fastest electric skateboards in the world. The Fiik Spine has a simple carbon flex deck that may not look enticing at first but is incredibly capable.
- The carbon fiber deck weighs approx. 825g and gives a sleek and lightweight frame to the Fiik Spine. It packs everything inside to deliver an amazing and long performance. The main spinelike underside is the part that gives it flexibility and durability.
- The Fiik Spine has amazing belt drive motors. They have high torque and stability for the board to give you a nice, safe, and high-performance ride. With the added regenerative braking, it becomes more efficient. It also helps in better acceleration and deceleration.
- Getting to 30mph or 48kmph is a great and high speed to use in downhill boarding and other activities. The longboard frame makes it perfect for traveling as it gives you a better balance in hilly areas.
- Moreover, the Fiik Spine also has a 25km range. It only takes up to 2 hours to recharge completely. This gives you more freedom to stay on the ride and enjoy the road than sitting close to the charger.
- As Fiik Spine has a long frame design, its durability is the first question that may come to mind. However, with the spine structure and engineering adjustments across the board, it can tolerate up to 220 lbs. or 100kg.
Photo from Meepo
The Meepo AWD Pro is one of the few electric skateboards under a $1000 budget. It delivers excellent performance and quality. The Meepo AWD Pro is one of the most simplistic, durable, and stylish looking boards on this list too.
- The Meepo AWD Pro can reach a top speed of up to 34mph or 55kmph. This is due to one of the best hub motors that you can find in an electric skateboard. Getting this much output out of a single 4 hub motor system is commendable and praiseworthy.
- The Meepo AWD pro can reach a range of up to 15 miles or 24.2km on a single charge. This gives the board big plus points, as it is in the under $1000 budget.
- The sleek and simple Canadian maple and bamboo frame of the deck make this board durable and lightweight. It is also portable due to the handles attached. Most importantly, it’s stable even when it runs at incredibly high speeds.
- The board can also withstand up to 136 kg or 300 lbs of user weight. It also has great performance and control when braking downhill and rushing uphill.
- The Meepo AWD Pro can climb gradients up to 35 degrees and the acceleration to reach a top speed is 2.5 seconds.
Photo from XTND Kickstarter
This is the true next-gen electric skateboard. It comes with the capabilities of AI and Machine learning. The XTND Board
is not only fast but incredibly stylish as well.
- The XTND Board has a sleek black design made of aero grade materials like carbon fiber and titanium. It gives the board its lightweight design as well as simple and durable functionality.
- It can also reach top speeds up to 28mph or 45kmph. This is due to its powerful brushless 1800 W motor. All this combined with the miracles of machine learning and AI makes the XTND Board a self-navigating, high-end electric skateboard.
- XTND Board Dual also has amazing battery life. It can last up to 12.5 miles or 20km with all of its features, and high speed. Moreover, it can also ride a hill gradient of up to 20 degrees. Due to this, it makes the board not only fast and long-lasting but also good for traveling outside your town too. The best part is that its battery can also charge completely within an hour.
- Along with the high performance, the XTND Board is also one of the most lightweight boards out there. It weighs 3 kg or 6.6 lbs without the battery pack included in the board setup.
- Moreover, the safety lights make this electric skateboard a futurist skateboard. It also comes equipped with every technological ability you can throw at it. It has wireless fast charging, self-learning, and app control.
Photo from SkateHut
The Flex E-2.0 is a sleek and sturdy electric skateboard. It has a similar design to the Fiik Spine mentioned above. The board is flexible enough to give you a great customizable riding experience. It has interchangeable tires and three-speed modes.
- The 2400W battery makes both riding uphill and at higher speeds a breeze. The board can easily go up to 27mph or 43kmph with the 110mm wheels. As the wheels determine the riding experience, the speed can also depend on the wheel setup. With the 83mm wheels, it can go up to 25mph or 40kmph.
- It can also climb uphill to 25-degree gradients. With its dual 1200 W motors, going downhill and uphill is as easy as going fast on a level street.
- The Flex E-2.0 also measures about 91 cm by 27 cm or 31.3 in by 10.5 in. It gives you ample space to position yourself for the best high-speed performance.
- The large battery life also means a longer charging time in this case. The board can take up to 6 hours to charge completely. However, you can cut this time into half with the quick charger option. The regenerative brakes also make it more efficient, making it last longer once you charge it and are on the go.
Photo from TechGearLab
The best part about choosing an Evolve electric skateboard is you can choose between the street and all-terrain variants for the same board. This means you get a variable experience of riding these high-quality skateboards with the same sleek build quality.
- The dual 1500 W motors make it possible for the board to reach high speeds up to 26 mph or 42 kmph with the street tires. On the other hand, with the all-terrain tires, you can expect to go up to a high speed of up to 22 mph or 36 kmph.
- With the street tires, the Evolve Bamboo GT can go up to 31 miles or 50km on a single charge. An all-terrain environment means a range of up to 19 miles or 30 km. The same 504Wh battery powers both variants, you just change the tires. The board also takes a considerable 4-5 hours of charging time.
- The board also weighs differently with different tires and motor:
- With the street tires, the board weighs around 22 lbs. or 10.3 kg.
- With the all-terrain wheel set up, the board weighs 25 lbs. or 11.3 kg.
- The Evolve Bamboo GT Series also comes with regenerative braking. This makes it much more efficient and capable to last longer at the high speeds it offers.
- Moreover, you can also use the Evolve Bamboo GT for going up and downhill. However, keep in mind that gradient tolerance relies on the wheel system in place.
- The street wheels variant can tolerate up to 30 degrees gradient in hilly areas
- The all-terrain setup can tolerate up to 25 degrees in hilly and rough areas.
- 97mm street wheels give the board vibration-free riding experience. It also has a fast and reliable belt drive support. The board deck is also very flexible and durable because of the sleek and durable wooden maple board.
- The belt drive system is behind the board’s good handling, braking, and quick and safe acceleration. Moreover, the board is perfect for people looking for a lightweight and durable electric skateboard.