About ZBoardsZBoard features a range of high-end weight sensing electric skateboards. Not just simply having a simplistic and elegant design, these skateboards are also highly durable and stylish for everyday use. ZBoard produces the world’s first weight-sensing electric skateboards that come with front and back weight-sensing modules. These will allow you to start and stop the board, giving the user a better hands-free riding experience. Apart from being one of the best-looking boards in the market, ZBoard also assures you great performance in its electric skateboards. Their skateboards are packed with tech and the best in class mechanical parts. You can choose between two ZBoard electric skateboard models, the ZBoard 2 Blue and ZBoard 2 Pearl. These boards don’t just differ in the coloring scheme as their names suggest. They also differ also in terms of their performance and the board material used. Depending on your personal preference, you can choose either of the two models to satisfy your adrenaline rush as well as daily commute needs. Moreover, ZBoard took 3 years for development and was eventually a successful Kickstarter campaign project, which shows how much the general audience loves the high-quality design and performance of these electric skateboards. If you’ve enjoyed our Board review article, you might want to read our other articles. Check out our Acton Blink Board Review, WowGo Boards, and Backfire Board articles.
Various Acton Blink Models
ZBoard 2 Blue
- The ZBoard 2 Blue is the first and more affordable version of the premium electric skateboards from ZBoard. This model is relatively lightweight, but don’t doubt its incredible durability and amazing performance. Not only do ZBoard electric skateboards last a long time because of the use of industry-leading high-end parts. They also offer an amazing package of the latest skateboard tech, as well as mechanics, all in one package. Starting at $1299, the ZBoard 2 Blue has a maple deck design.
- The ZBoard 2 Blue has a strong and lightweight board. This board is simplistic in look as it is resilient and durable by design. The boards have carved out spaces on both edges of the board, designed to make carrying it easier and comfortable in your daily life. Additionally, the ZBoard 2 Blue also sports high luminance head and taillights. You can then set these to either blink or stay on during your ride.
- The best and most unique part about having a ZBoard 2 Blue is the hands-free riding experience as it has weight-sensing modules in the front and back of the board. So, depending on the weight you put, you can start or accelerate your ZBoard 2 Blue using the front sensor. Similarly, stopping the ZBoard 2 Blue is as easy as stepping on the tail sensor.
- The ZBoard 2 Blue also has its signature 90mm 80a hardness blue wheels, which not only give you a smooth ride but also offer great stability and passive vibration reduction. The wheels are made up of high-quality urethane and the bigger form gives them an unparalleled advantage to take on more hits, shocks, and reduce vibrations.
- ZBoard 2 Blue can also go up to 16miles or 25.7km on a single charge, so you can ride for at least one full day depending on your usage. The large visible battery pack on the board’s underside is proof of how well-built for longevity the ZBoard 2 Blue is.
- The best part about the ZBoard 2 Blue is perhaps its overall design which is made up of a solid high-quality maple deck that is durable and sleek at the same time. Moreover, the maple deck also has a solid lightweight construction which gives the ZBoard 2 Blue a total weight of 17lbs or 7.7kg. Considering the heavy-duty trucks, overall design, and bigger than average design, this weight is perfect for your daily use.
- The ZBoard 2 Blue can also give a top speed of 20mph or 32kmph and it is perfect for an urban environment and your daily commute while still delivering a great riding experience.
ZBoard 2 Pearl
- The ZBoard 2 Pearl is the upgraded and more high-end version of the premium electric skateboards from ZBoard. The ZBoard 2 Pearl not only offers a change in the materials used. But they also performed under-the-hood upgrades to the battery and other main parts of the ZBoard. Instead of maple, the ZBoard 2 Pearl has a rosewood construction.
- Unlike the ZBoard 2 Blue, the ZBoard 2 Pearl offers larger and more durable wheels. These wheels come in their signature pearl white color. The new ZBoard 2 Pearl comes equipped with 97mm 83a wheels. Which offers a significant upgrade as compared to its previous model. Moreover, you can even switch these wheels to an all-terrain variant. The street style default 97mm wheels on the ZBoard 2 Pearl offer significant vibration and shock reduction. Also, they are larger than those of their competitors’ boards.
- The ZBoard 2 Pearl also comes with carved out spaces that allow you to carry your ZBoard around with ease. Because of the new rosewood construction of the board, it looks more polished and premium than its maple version used in the previous model.
- ZBoard 2 Pearl is also an electric skateboard that offers you an unparalleled and unique hands-free riding experience. Using your weight to activate the weight-sensing modules on the board’s front and tail makes this board easy to ride.
- The high-quality trucks combined with the stability of the wheels and motor installed to give the ZBoard 2 Pearl one of the best riding experiences in the market. The thick and durable trucks are 280mm in length, while attached to the board with high-quality tight nuts and bolts. It is a powerful machine that is built for long term endurance and a smooth, thrilling, and safe ride.
- Another great thing about ZBoard 2 Pearl is its impressive battery. This battery lasts long enough for a ride of up to 24 miles or 38.6km on a single charge. You can use the ZBoard 2 Pearl for long rides around the town without worry about its charge.
- ZBoard 2 Pearl also offers impressive performance and an exhilarating riding experience when it comes to where it matters — This board can ride up to a top speed of 20mph or 32kmph, similar to ZBoard 2 Blue. It gives you a decent speed on both urban and off-road environments depending on the wheelset in place.
- The ZBoard 2 Pearl weighs about 19lbs or 8.6kg and weighs only slightly heavier than the first one. So, while this weight is perfect for daily use and portability, it also gives the ZBoard 2 Pearl a better riding experience as a result of passive stability enhancement.